Title: One Drunken Night

Beta/secondary: Bell Witch

Fandom: Harry Potter

Pairing: Severus/Harry, Severus/Remus (maybe in later chapter)

Archive: anywhere you like

Rating: R to NC17

Part: 5/?

Authors notes & Warnings: slash, violence, rape, language, mpreg

Disclaimer: I do not in anyway or fashion own HP or anything else. I'm making no money from this.

 

One Drunken Night

 

Chapter 5

Harry walked down to the castle's gate. When he got there he looked back to take a last glance at the first place he'd ever really called home. Here, he'd first had the hope that he wasn't a useless freak. Here, he got a family, and for the first time in his life, the feeling that he was wanted and loved. Going felt like he was leaving a piece of himself behind.

 

The events of last night had ruined everything: he couldn't come back in a long time, maybe never. He doubted that--Dumbledore would forgive him for obliviating Snape. He shrugged. What he could remember of last night had been good. If he closed his eyes he could almost feel the warm body below as it thrashed and pushed up to him. He recalled the tight heat that had encircled his member.

He shuddered at the memory, not really understanding what Dumbledore meant. Maybe it had been a bit rough, but they'd been drunk. At least Harry had been.

He sighed and turned away from Hogwarts. He'd always wanted to travel and see the world, and now was a good opportunity to do so. When he returned to Great Britain, he would come back and seek out Dumbledore. He'd surely have forgiven him by then. Perhaps he'd seek out Snape for a night or two. He smiled at himself, then Apparated away.

 

§§§§§ §§§§§§§§§§ §§§§§

Severus' jet black eyes opened. He was in a warm bed with someone lying beside him. What? He sat up suddenly. The movement caused Remus Lupin to open his yellowish eyes and they stared at each other for a long time.

Severus looked around. He was in the hospital wing, but why? He remembered waking up on the cold, stone floor near his chamber and then collapsing again. But how he got there in the first place was a mystery. He licked his dry lips and slipped inside his mind. It was a technique he'd long used when he needed to remember something. But this mystery remained unsolved--he just could not remember how he'd come to be lying outside his rooms. The last thing he could recall was being at the party last night. But he hadn't been drunk: he never drank that much. He knew this feeling, had felt it once or twice before. He'd been obliviated. but who could have done it and why?

He emerged from his memories and focused on Remus, who was lightly shaking his arm to get his attention. The wolf-like eyes watched him, concerned. The light baritone voice washed over him like a soothing blanket.

"Severus? Severus, are you okay?"

"Yes, I am fine." His voice cracked. He needed some water. Then he felt a light tingling in his lower back and farther down. He frowned. "What happened?"

He hated to ask, but from Remus' reaction, the werewolf knew something. He looked away almost guiltily. "Lupin," he growled out warningly.

 

"Uhm, Severus, I am not sure I'm the best person to tell you. I think I should go and call Poppy or Albus. Yes, I'll be back in a minute." He was halfway out of bed when Poppy slipped inside the infirmary, so he dropped back in defeat. He didn't want to tell Severus what had happened, but he didn't want to leave him alone, either. He needed to be here to soothe Severus' pain.

"I see you are finally awake, Severus. We were worried for you." Poppy's voice was calm and light, but she frowned. "What are you two doing in one bed in my infirmary? Such things are better left to your own quarters."

At first, two pairs of confused eyes looked at her and then they widened nearly simultaneously as the realisation of what she'd said struck home. Remus went deep red and fairly flew out of bed. Severus flushed also, a slight reddening of his cheeks.

"Poppy, please tell me what happened. My last memories are of being at last night's party--I think someone obliviated me but cannot think of who would have done so or why." He looked up at her with endless black eyes that fairly pleaded for answers and her heart went out to him.

"Please stay clam, Severus. We don't know anything for certain as yet. Remus found you on the floor of the dungeons near your chambers not three hours ago."

Severus nodded at her words and gave Remus an almost thankful look, then turned back to Poppy and indicated for her to continue speaking.

"He brought you here. I have performed some spells for analysis. They show that you have had a rough sexual encounter--with another man." She held up her hand to silence his outburst. "We don't know what happened. It might have simply gone too far and not be rape, although that is possible. But whoever did it tried to erase the evidence by healing your wounds and--as you suspected--obliviating the memory."

When she finished her explanation, she noticed that Severus was shivering and Remus was practically itching to pull the other man close. Perhaps this would draw the two together, and Severus certainly needed all the help he could get in his condition. His condition. It was better to simply tell him about it all at once, at least she hoped so.

"And I discovered that you are pregnant."

Blank black eyes looked back at her as the meaning of what she'd just said sank in. The eyes widened and Snape's gaze travelled down to his stomach. A trembling hand moved over it as if in an attempt to feel the baby inside of him.

"But how? … It usually requires a curse, spell, or potion. I am sure I have not had such a potion. I certainly did not brew it, not being desperate to have a family. And I don't see what anyone else would get out of my becoming pregnant."

Poppy and Remus exchanged a smile. Severus' cold Slytherin mind was working and keeping him in control of his fears better than their worry ever could.

"We don't know the exact cause yet. I suspect it was a spell. Albus sealed the castle immediately after Remus brought you here, but the attacker--if that's what happened--could have been gone by then. But perhaps whoever did it is still here."

"Then the candidates can be narrowed down to the Gryffindors."

"What?" Remus almost yelled.

"Lupin, please try and think logically," said Severus whilst rolling his eyes in annoyance. "Had the attacker been from Ravenclaw or Slytherin, they would have left at once. A Hufflepuff would likely not have had the audacity to do such a thing at all. The only remaining possibilities are Gryffindors."

Remus had to concur with the logic of that, and Poppy's stern gaze said that she agreed as well.

"There must be some evidence to point out who has done this," Severus said, determined. He looked at Poppy with an inscrutable sort of pleading. Not many people ever saw him like this, but Poppy was one of the few. She could rarely be swayed, not if her patient's health was on the line.

Remus had never seen this side of Severus but he decided he liked it. He wished that he could share the almost friendly arguing.

Poppy sighed. She wanted Severus to rest more but knew when to give up. If she didn't, Severus would simply leave the moment her back was turned and she wouldn't see him until he collapsed. Neither one of them needed that. If she gave in now, he would be more co-operative later. So she nodded. "But you shouldn't be alone. Remus will go with you--or you won't go at all."

A frustrated look crossed Severus' features but he nodded his agreement and was out of bed almost instantly. He grabbed his wand from the bedside table and transfigured the hospital robe she'd put on him into a plain black one.

"I need a bath and fresh clothes," he said, more to himself than the other two occupants of the room. He was halfway to Poppy's office when he noticed that Lupin wasn't behind him. He looked over his shoulder and arched an eyebrow. "Are you coming?"

"You want me to come with you?" Remus asked in total disbelief.

"I wasn't given a choice," he reminded the other man.

Remus got to his feet and followed quickly. They were soon out of the room and so didn't hear Poppy's laughter behind them.

 

§§§§§ §§§§§§§§§§ §§§§§

 

Remus stood in Severus plain, tidy room. The walls were covered with books. As soon as they'd flooed down here, Severus disappeared into the bathroom. Remus waited in the sitting room, examining his surroundings. There were four doors--one led to Severus' bedroom, one to the bath, and the others to his workroom and office.

 

The sound of running water got louder and he turned. He froze as his gaze caught a sight that he hadn't expected to see--ever.

The door to the bathroom had opened slightly and in the mirror he saw the reflection of Severus' naked body under the shower. The glittering drops of water fell down over the moon white skin and the ebony hair flowed over Severus' shoulders and framed the pale face. His long, dark eyelashes were clearly visible on it.

Remus knew that it was wildly inappropriate to be thinking of Severus in a sexual manner after what had happened to him. He should look away. He glanced back and caught the sight of jet black eyes staring directly at him. He turned away as fast as he could and hoped Severus hadn't noticed him looking.

TBC

back / HOME / next